Pages

Saturday 19 November 2011

How I made my November page II

Novembers scraplift for Scrapology comes from Hannah Young whose blog can be found here.
These papers are from Fancy Pants Beach Babe collection:
Jumping Fish, Cards, Lemonade & Tropical.
I gutted the pink paper and added white bazzill then used the remaining pink to create a base for the photograph. I used two different Martha Stewart punches to create borders top and bottom.
Two 1" strips were added to the left hand side with torn edges at the base then a wider strip punched with another Martha Stewart deep edge punch.
I used one of the journalling blocks, cut out the circle and filled the space with another photograph and placed the cut-out below with my text. A further strip of punched lace was added below the main photograph.
I love these ribbon roses which are based on a tutorial on the Crafty Ribbons blog. The large rose used approximately 2.5m of seam binding ribbon with a 5cm circumference.
The leaves were cut on the Cricut by Lynn - Thanks :)
This is the smaller ribbon rose.
This is the original layout and sketch we worked from.
The challenge will run until the 5th December.
As usual there will be a fabulous prize for the winner.

2 comments:

  1. i have tried my hardest and cant figure out how to make those kind of ribbon roses. I can make the ones where the center sticks out but i dont want those kind anymore... HELP?!?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon, Our tutorial is Here - http://scrapology-adventuresinscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2011/06/seam-binding-ribbon-rose-tutorial.html

    Enjoy

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.