Pages

Sunday 15 July 2012

July Card Challenge - Heat Embossing

Our lovely sponsor this month is Marion Emberson of Sugar & Spice Crafts.
Marion's challenge to us this month - heat embossing - so get those (heat) guns drawn and we'll meet at dawn!
From Marion:
"A little bit about me ......
From a child I was always making things, from clothes to a mess !!! I love taking something in the raw and transforming it, When I had a young family I embarked on a handmade curtain course, this satisfied my making passion for a while, but this then lead on to soft furnishings and children's furnishings, mainly hand painted toy boxes and wish boxes etc, to make them different I used to stamp and emboss onto them and make them all glittery, this is where Sugar and Spice Crafts was born, in September 2003 I opened the shop and not only sold the hand made products but also sold the products I used on them and gave tuition to others wanting to do it for themselves, I started to make cards to go with the boxes and then the love of papercraft was born !!!
I no longer hand paint children's furniture, but the shop has become one of the leading paper craft stores in the South East, I pride myself on our knowledge and expertise, if we haven't "played" with it, it doesn't go in the shop, it was this "expertise" that lead me to a position as a guest presenter on QVC, that was at the beginning of January 2011 and still continues, I also design stamps for one of the UK's leading distributors, Personal Impressions, under the name Marion Emberson Designs, I also got involved with WOW Embossing Powders, they are absolute experts in their field, I get to teach for them at the NEC twice a year and this year I went out to Ohio to film for them on Scrapbook Soup TV for their launch in the States. I will also be demonstrating for them at CHA in July, all in all I have been able to combine a passion with making a living and I cherish everyday."


Here is the work from the Design Team, please click on their names to view their blogs.

KAREN



The challenge will run until the 15th August and we look forward to seeing your entries.

If you don't see your image here straight away, please bear with us. We will try to edit this post at lease once a day.

To enter please comment below with a link to the post on your blog where your card is featured.
 If you don't have a blog please send us an email with an image of your
card attached - address in sidebar.

Please be kind and turn word verification OFF - thank you.

Marion has kindly offered the following prizes:
A set of embossing powders with carry case, and two sets of stamps as a second prize.
NB Unfortunately the prize is available to UK residents only but please feel free to take part anyway, it's always lovely to see your cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.