Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Y is for Yarn

This month we are scraplifting this delightful page by Gabrielle Polloco. We already scraplifted Gabrielle last year but she has so many stunning layouts we found ourselves asking her again!


Gabrielle says:
"My name is Gabrielle Pollacco, I live in Cambridge, Ontario (Canada). I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago and fell in love with this art form from the very first page I made. I love that this art form is ever changing and find myself constantly inspired by all the wonderful new products that come out each year. My favourite thing to scrap about is my family, my dear husband and my two girls, as well as my extended family.


I've had the honour to be on a number of wonderful design teams over the years, some of my past design teams being Daisy D's and Zva Creative and am presently on the Bo Bunny, Webster's Pages, Dusty Attic, The Color Room and Scrap 365 Magazine (UK Magazine). I've had my work published in Memory Makers Magazine, Creating Keepsakes Magazine and Scrapbooking & Beyond Magazine as well as a number of online magazines. I worked for a Tradeshow Design company as a project manager before I had my babies and now that I'm a stay at home mom I'm fortunate enough to have a little time to enjoy this amazing hobby. I'm delighted to have been asked again by the lovely ladies at Scrapology to use another of my layouts for their challenge."


We drew our sketch as always

The technique is to use YARN on your layout - any sort of yarn you choose.

I found this definition on Wikipedia:
"Yarn is a long continuous length of interlocked fibres, suitable for use in the production of textiles, sewing, crocheting, knitting, weaving, embroideryand ropemaking. Threadis a type of yarn intended for sewing by hand or machine. Modern manufactured sewing threads may be finished with waxor other lubricants to withstand the stresses involved in sewing. Embroidery threads are yarns specifically designed for hand or machine embroidery. Yarn can be made from any number of naturalor synthetic fibers."
 
Here are the layouts created by our design team to give you some inspiration. Please click on the names to be taken to the relevant blogs.









Our Guest Designer this month is the creative
CAROLYN EXWOOD
her blog is HERE please take a look.



PRIZE TIME

Jill at Cardinal Colours  has supplied another fabulous prize this month.
In keeping with the theme, this fun selection of ribbons, cord, twine and some hand made paper strips too.


We hope you will joining the fun and enter the challenge by creating a layout using the sketch and some yarn. To enter the challenge, comment below with a link to the post on your blog where your layout is featured.
Please be kind and turn word verification OFF - thank you.
If you don't have a blog please email us with an image - address in sidebar.
Prize available to UK residents only.

Looking forward to seeing what you all make - good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! I'm well inspired to scraplift...is digital OK? If so here's my attempt...http://ailego.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/scraplift-challenge-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A late entry from me ... in my UKS gallery here

    ReplyDelete

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.