Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

How I made my texture paste page - Linda


For our kit we chose to use papers from Kaisercraft Periwinkle Collection, here is my version.

I gutted the"Hint" paper to 3cm from the edge, cut "Breath" to 26 x 29 cm - vertical - and a strip of"Whisper" 5 x 29 cm. I distressed the edges apart from the right hand edge of breath which I punched with a notched edge.
A brick wall mask was used to add the texture paste and the page put aside to dry.


You can see a close up of the wall effect below.

I then used the offcut from breath to punch a lace edge using a Martha Stewart Embroidery deep edge punch. Narrow strips of hint and secret were cut and all edged distressed and inked.
I cut several strips of paper and hand cut label edges of various sizes, all of which were inked and a fine line drawn with black pen. These were placed under the edge of the photograph (which is approximately 4x4") to create a border.
Several layers of Tattered florals petals were cut and layered, again each inked and lined with pen, the assembled randomly having been scrunched.

The leaves were cut with a sizzix leaf die and lined with black pen too.

I had created a tear on the left hand side and layered underneath with additional blooms and a piece of the leftover punched lace and added the strips below the photo.

A rectangle was placed under the photo mount, I used the cut-off strips from the paper to create the tags. The hearts were punched with a stamping up punch as were the birds.
I added some jewells to finish the page and some faux stitching.
Heather's original page is:
and our sketch
Still time to enter the challenge - click on the link in the side bar for details.
Papers available from Merly Impressions


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a few moments to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.